Secondhand/Junk Dealer Licenses are governed by Massachusetts General Law, ch. 140, sec. 54-56.
You must apply for a Secondhand/Junk Dealer License if you plan to solicit, be a collector of, or a dealer in antiques, secondhand goods and/or junk in the Town of Andover.
Secondhand/Junk Dealer License Application Requirements:
- Town of Andover General License Application
- Secondhand/Junk Dealer License Application Addendum
- Business Certificate (NOTE: This can be obtained from the Town Clerk’s Office)
- Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Acknowledgement Form
- Tax Form
- Worker’s Compensation Affidavit
- Copy of worker’s compensation policy declaration page
Upon prior approval from the Police Department, Fire Department, Health Department, Building Department, and Town Treasurer, a Common Victualler License application requires final approval of the Town Manager, as Licensing Authority. Once approved, this license is subject to an annual renewal by December 31st of each calendar year.
The fee for this license is $50.00.
To apply for a Secondhand/Junk Dealer License, please click the link below.
Secondhand/Junk Dealer License Application
Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 140, Section 54
Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 140, Section 55
Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 140, Section 56