Information on Coronavirus
|Cumulative Cases||Active Cases||Reported Deaths|
Cases updated every Friday
*Reported deaths includes deaths that occurred while an individual was in isolation after testing positive Coronavirus. Not all of these deaths were a result of Coronavirus; some were due to other causes determined by an attending physician. Coronavirus may or may not have been a contributing factor.
The Town of Andover will be updating case counts on Friday. Read on...
Coronavirus Prevention Tips
According to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control, symptoms of 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) include fever and respiratory illness, such as coughing and difficulty breathing. Symptoms of the virus are similar to those of seasonal flu.
The Andover Health Division wishes to provide residents with recommended actions from the CDC to take to protect themselves and others from the illness:
- Wash hands frequently, with soap and water, for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizing gels and liquids if soap and water are not readily available.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Try to avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- When sick yourself, stay home to protect others.
- Always cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect areas and objects that are touched frequently, such as desks, phones, door handles, etc.
- Wear a face covering.
Helpful Links and Resources
The state's reopening plan and guidance can be found here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-massachusetts
To access the daily report from the Massachusetts Department of public health, click here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-cases-quarantine-and-monitoring#covid-19-cases-in-massachusetts-
Behavioral Health Resources:
The CDC has a page on mental health and coping during COVID-19
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
Riverside Trauma Center’s Nanci Ginty Butler, LICSW, on How to Manage Fear of the Coronavirus
- Potentially Helpful Numbers:
- The Parental Stress Line (“parents helping parents”) available 24/7 in all languages:
- SafeLink – Massachusetts statewide domestic violence support and resources 24/7 helpline: 877-785-2020
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- The Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990