“The Town of Andover’s “SCRPT” program provides seniors the opportunity to share their skills in service to the community and receive a tax abatement on their property taxes. This program is available to Andover residents who meet the following requirements:
- Age 60+
- Applicants must be the assessed owner of the property on which the tax is abated. The property must be primary residence of the applicant.
- No income guidelines for first qualified owner. Second qualifying owner may earn exemption if they meet the need requirements.
- Current town/school employees are not eligible. This includes full time, part time, contract, substitute employees and/or those appointed to a board by the Town Manager.
- Applicants must commit to designated hours of service within the specified time frame.
- Placements are coordinated by the SCRPT Program Coordinator. Placements are determined by matching applicant’s skills, interests and availability with job requests submitted.
- Once enrolled, program participants will track and submit hours worked to the SCRPT Program Coordinator.
- All time sheets must be signed by a town employee supervising the “SCRPT” worker, time sheets must be submitted on a regular basis to ensure accurate tracking.
For more information or to enroll, contact the SCRPT Program Coordinator at the Center at 978-623-8320.”